A day in China!

A day in China!

Monday, March 26, 2012

Sunny Days and Refreshing Visits with Friends!!!

This weekend was a much needed time away!! My friend Nathan and I took a "black bus" to Huangshi to visit some friends on our team. Huangshi is about a 2hour bus trip give or take the traffic situation getting in and out of Wuhan! But we had a great drive out there and among the 25 or so people on the bus we were the only ones talking:-) We talked the whole way there. Just so nice to get out of the city and relax!!!
When we arrived we met with Chelsie!!!! I have missed her so much since we parted ways in Thailand! We became very close on our trip and she is like a sister to me!!! It was a blessing to be with her for the weekend! We met everyone at dinner and had a wonderful time catching up!
Saturday we woke up to a beautiful day!!! It has been weeks since I have seen the sun for an entire day and it was even in the 60s!!!! Such a great day! Chelsie and I had some good time to visit and them I met up with a friend and took a VERY long walk around the Lakes!!! It was so beautiful....I know I keep saying that but you just don't understand how much Vitamin D I have been missing!!!
We all met up at a local park and played "Banana Grams" and had a nice little chill time on the blanket:-) We were quite the attention grabber for the walkers by! The children loved seeing us and asking us what we were doing:-)
It was quite a funny site to watch all the fashionable outfits at the park:-) This little mom and son were decked out!
In China many couples get their wedding photos taken in very elaborate outfits and in very interesting places! This girl was decked out!!!
We took a path from the park to the local Catholic Church. It was a very beautiful building and a peaceful place to be!
As we walked away from the park we got to see the most magnificent sunset!!! When you don't see the sun, you also don't see sunsets so this was quite the treat for us!!! Such an awesome creation we have to enjoy!
It was great getting real with these people and being community together!!! Such a bless! from left to right Paul and Erin Korson, Aaron, Chelsie, Camille, Lesley, and me...Nathan took the pic for us:-)
We just couldn't go to Huangshi without having a waffle from the Toilet people!!! I had a banana Waffle and it was tasty!!!! This place has toilets as seats:-) HA..kinda redneck China:-)
It was a wonderful weekend and We had a great fellowship and worshp time together Sunday morning before we headed back to Wuhan. So awesome to be encouraged and get real with people!!! Loved it and loved seeing the Father work!!!! He answers PRs and meets needs is such an incredible way! Praise Him!!!

1 comment:

  1. I just caught up on all your posts - so wonderful! Thanks for posting so many pictures - I felt as if I was on the buses, trains, & taxis as I went through your travels! Know that I and the rest of us join with you in pr about the many people whose lives you're touching and who are being impacted by you.

    ReplyDelete