A day in China!

A day in China!

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Just Another Awesome Friday!

One of my friends and fellow teachers here at Jianghan went home for a week for his sister's wedding! So I got to teach his friday classes last week! It was so much fun to have new students for the day!! These girls really wanted a picture:-)

I am kinda sad these last few days because it's Rodeo season back in Texas so I decided to sport my cowgirl clothes:-) I don't quite think the students knew what to think of me...but I feel that way quite often...lol
Next up, my friend Ami came to meet me for lunch because she was going to spend the day with me. We went to lunch at my normal little place and while we were eating some of my students saw me and invited me over because is was my student's birthday:-) They were having quite the celebration:-)
Then we met up with some other students to head off for a fun day of strawberry picking!!! I was so excited when they invited me! Cynthia, the girl on the left of me is a sweet friend who I have known for most of my time here. She organized the whole event!!
We all loved this fun time! We got to pick 1kg to take home and eat as many as we wanted while we were there! It only cost $5USD!! All the students enjoyed themselves:-)
This place was in a new part of Wuhan for me....we drove about an hour from our school. They called it the countyside of Wuhan...I loved it!!
Then we went to a special "fast food" Hot pot place! It was great food and lots of fun! I could tell these people never see foreigners because I had people staring the whole time. Normally it's not so bad in my area of Wuhan because many foreign companies have people living there but out here in the "County side" was a totally different story:-)
Then we came back to the school and dropped off most of the students. One of the girls that went with us is a "sister" and wanted to take some strawberries to a local tea shop owned by another "brother and sister". i had never been there and was soooo excited to meet them and see the work they do in this area!!! My new friend and "sister" is also best friends with Cynthia and we had some great convos with her throughout this day!! It was great! We also had some great convos with Joe! He is the boy on the far left and the only boy that went with us to pick strawberries:-) He is very interested in the Father. He and Cynthia went to fellowship with my new friend last week and He is going with me and many other friends to another Chinese fellowship that I can attend, this Sunday!!! I am really excited about this! He is going to get a "Book" this week!!!
Last but defiantly not least....we ended the day attending the local Wuhan International School Talent Show!!!! Oh I must admit this was kinda hard for me. It REALLY made me miss teaching music!!! The kids were sooooo cute!!! This little guy goes to fellowship with me and did a great job on the guitar and singing. My friend Taylor is his teacher and you can tell that all their work paid off!
I didn't know this little girl but she played really well!!! Shifting all over the violin and making me really miss my little students!
This little group had such a cute performance of "We Will Rock You"!!! They had a full band and I don't think any of them are over the age of 10. It was awesome! I was blessed by the kids and Also by the message that the International School gave in gratefulness to the Father!!! Such a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment