A day in China!

A day in China!

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Planes, Trains and Automobiles...Thailand!!!

YAY for Thailand!!! I was sooo excited about this place I had heard so much about and couldn't believe I was actually there:-) We had a less than fun time getting though customs in the EXTREMELY HOT weather(Although I wish for nothing more than a little warmth as I sit in my apartment in multiple layers of clothes and a hot water pack on my lap!). But we made it through and finished our bus ride to Bangkok! As we arrived in Bankok it was like we were in America...the signs were in English(some of them) and roads were half way organized(except they drove on the wrong side of the road:-)) But we were dropped off in a random area and had to walk around to find our hostel. We had kinda gotten used to this by now. We had to walk many places at all times of the day and night. We finally found our Bangkok home:-)

The first night we went to have dinner and I got fresh watermelon juice!!! We were all pretty tired but we wanted to plan our time in Thailand so we went to the travel agent attached to our hostel to get info about the sights!
We decided to take a tour to ride elephant and to the Tiger Temple...So on the way there they made a tourist stop at a museum...haha..we had seen ENOUGH "History" so we opted out and walked around. Then we happened upon this little guy! The zoo had an exhibit and so we got to pet him and feed him!! HE really liked crawling on me:-) I loved it!!!
Next we drove a few hours to the place we rode the elephants!!! I was SOOOOOO Excited about this!!! It was one of my dreams coming true! We went down a steep hill into a river and then up the bank...it was crazy fun!!! Chelsie and I rode together and kept each other safe...lol
I loved the sweet face of our elephant!!! I just wanted to take him home!!!! but yeah...i would take every animal home...just ask my dad:-)
Next we went on a river raft ride! It was a blast!! We had to wear these beautiful bright orange life vests...lol Go SHSU is what I felt like:-)
So after the river raft we went to look at a waterfall but as we walked I saw a man playing a violin for money:-) I had already seen one of these this day and had the same experience:-) I put some money in his case and then asked him if I could play...haha...so since he didn't understand me he just gave me the instrument and I played for him:-) It was so much fun!!!
Next up...Tiger Temple...We thought we were going to see the monks fighting the tigers...haha not so much! The monks were pretty happy to sit in their chairs and watch. This place was like a zoo...animals everywhere! I was in Heaven! Although the last time I had a pic with a life deer was when I was about 3yrs old at the County Fair petting zoo...since then they have all been dead:-)
YAY fro petting the HUGE Tigers!!!! This one was the biggest one I petted:-) But please take note of his cute tail...I reached down to pet him, just like the pic shows and she snapped the pic...then...
He slapped me soooo Hard with the tail I about lost my lunch! I didn't want to make a sudden move but the hit was so strong I almost fell over...lol it was quite funny that she snapped another pic of my face after he slapped me:-) It was an adventure:-)
On the way out this little guy was following me:-) If you know me, you know how much I loved my little goat Will:-) I think this goat knew I was a kindred spirit and really wanted me to take him back to Wuhan...but my friends just laughed at me and made me get in the van:-(
After the amazing day with animals we left for our 3 days on the Island of Koh Semet!!! It was soooo amazingly beautiful!!! The first full day we were on the Island we stayed out ALL DAY!!! OK, now I promise I wore Sun Screen! But after lunch I wore this cover up because I could tell I was burning...
On the trip we always said we are "Livin' the dream, 2012"...So we wrote it int he sand! But after this I sort of fell asleep in a beach chair under an umbrella...But I think my legs had too much sun:-(
This day was also Chelsie's Birthday!!! YAY for an awesome beach Birthday! But as you can tell we are all a little burned...I was in so much pain in this picture:-( But it wasn't until the next morning that I was soooo swollen and couldn't even move:-( I had a horrible sun poisoning and had to stay in the bed for the rest of our time on the island. Unfortunately my friend Paul had gotten food poisoning the night before and had been sick all night and then Jacqueline got a little of it too...So we were all in bed for the rest of the Island trip:-( Chelsie and Beau had a great time though:-) HA!
So after returning to Bangkok we were all supposed to go to the Flight of the Gibbon, a really fun day of zip lining through the jungle! But I was still too swollen to wear shoes and didn't get to go:-( I was soooo sad:-( But one of the great things was that my friends from Huangshi(another city in China) were also in Bangkok that day and we met for lunch:-) Oh and we ate Tex-Mex!!!! I was pretty happy about that:-) The day after this Paul, Beau and Chelsie flew back to Wuhan:-( Our 3 weeks of being a happy family were over:-( Jacq stayed in Bangkok to see her friend from America who was visiting for a day and Left for my own adventures for the next week...Next blog....Laos!

No comments:

Post a Comment