A day in China!

A day in China!

Monday, March 5, 2012

Planes, Trains and Automobiles....Cambodia!!!

YAY for sunny, blue skys and a brand new stamp in my passport!!! Cambodia here we come! We were all SOOOOO excited to get into a new place:-) After our not so welcoming visit in Vietnam, cambodia was awesome! When we went through customs the man who check our passport spoke to us in Chinese:-) He asked where we were from and we said America but we live in China! Then he asked where we lived and what we did there, all in chinese and we answered in Chinese:-) It was such a great feeling!!!


The landscape and buildings in Phnom Penh were amazing! This is the capital city...all around the city was very poor "third world country" area...but here is was beautiful.
This is just one example of the millions of Buddhist temples we saw as we traveled through the country side. There would be miles of nothing and then a massive temple. They were all very much used daily and you could tell the poor people who had nothing did all they could to have a temple on their land. It was so sad.
We only stayed for one day in Phnom Penh and then headed to Siem Reep...I loved the travel days because of the beautiful sights!!! The bus was crazy but oh well...When we arrived in Siem Reep we walked to find some dinner and found a great place!!! The food was so amazing! I loved my cocoanut juice!
The next morning we had a great breakfast on the porch of our hostel! Then rented bike and headed to Angor Wat!!!
This place was massive!!!! I have never seen anything like it!
I really wanted to ride that horse but it was the smallest little thing I had ever seen so I passed:-) It was fun to see animals here too!
A view from the top of one of the Temples...
I saw this girl walking through and noticed her SHIRT!!! ASTROS??? Like as in Houston Astros??? I just had to talk to her:-) She Is Korean and played on a company team called the "Astros"...She has no idea there was a real team..but she was super happy to take a picture with me:-)
Ok, so one of my favorite things to do in China is get my hair washed...now you may think that is strange...but thats what we do! It feels amazing! They wash your hair for like 15min! Then blow dry and fix it and it only cost about $4. So in Cambodia on our last night we decided to get our hair washed and nails painted....This was the best wash I have ever had in my LIFE!!!! Oh and the nails and hair were only $4!!!! It was great!! Girls night at its best! Next up...THAILAND!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment