A day in China!

A day in China!

Monday, March 19, 2012

Let's Get Real...

This week has been really good...I say good in a new way...I am just going to be really real with you today. I am going on 7 months in my new home now:-) I have really been realizing that this is my home. This Texas girl NEVER thought she would say anywhere would be home but TEXAS! I mean, it's God's Country! Why would anyone want to leave the Promise Land??? Ok, for real, I have always known there was a different plan for my life...but now I know that plan is in China, at least for now. But with that realization has come a multitude of emotions!! I have been reading a book my J.H. Taylor and his total surrender to the Call on his life. It has really challenged me to look at things in a new way. He gave up everything and placed himself in situations to grow and become all the Father wanted for him. I want that!!! I long for that!! But that surrender comes with a cost and that cost is such a heavy one to me right now. This week I have been talking to the Father about many things. My desires and needs and being found complete in Him and Him alone. This is all I REALLY NEED and WANT...but as quickly as I say it I must call on Him to help me. I have had feelings of loneliness and have really been missing my family and friends. But through that I have felt such a greater love and comfort from my Savior! HE has met so many needs for me. But I am being open with you because I long for your PRs to be faithful to the call that HE has for me. It is so humbling to be here and to get to be apart of His work!!! I am overwhelmed at the lives HE is changing and the things HE continues to do in and through people. He is continuing to encourage me and place people in my life that encourage me. I think I have been to prideful in the past in not wanting to be open about these struggles. I really like to be strong...but let me just tell you...being strong is not all it's cracked up to be. So today I want you to know that I am humbled to be here and even more covet your PRs for me. I need strength that only HE can give and I Praise HIM because He is always faithful to give it! I have been sick and on antibiotics this week and that hasn't helped the emotions but despite all of this HE has not left me!!! Let me tell you about my weekend:-)

Two of my dear, sweet friends came over to my apartment for dinner on Saturday night!!! Yola in the middle and Liping on the left! Yola's mom recently went to Beijing and brought us back a duck!!! Beijing is very famous for duck, especially the neck:-) So after I got done babysitting friday night and Saturday(which I might add was quite an amazing time! It is one of my favorite things to do and I don't often get the chance to do it here...So I counted it a huge blessing! I think I was more blessed to get to keep the little girls than the parents were that they got to have time away:-)) But anyway, the girls came over and we cooked! Everyone brought something and we had an American/Chinese potluck, I didn't even realize it was St.Patrick's Day:-)
It was tons of fun and then we watched "Yours, Mine and Ours"! Great movie:-) Then we had a sleep over!
Sunday morning I went to Chinese fellowship with some friends/students that I invited!!! We went to Liping's fellowship. I have been twice before and love attending there so much!!! It is such a blessing to wrshp with Chinese people! I didn't understand much but my spirit understood:-) Joe, the boy next to me, wanted to get a "Book" after fellowship. So we walked to a C-bookstore that is connected to the gvmt chrch. It was all of their first time to this kind of store!! Liping led the way!! I think that the 3 students who went for the first time are going back next week!!! PTL! They had many questions and even told some stories of people who told them they were PRing for them. HE is working, my friends!!!! It is so amazing to be apart of this!!! We had lunch together and then went to another book store to look around! I got some new books for my Chinese class!! Then we took a taxi back to our part of town. I was invited Sunday night to go to dinner with my 14yr old friend and His family. I have mentioned them before. His father is a police officer here. Actually he is the head customs officer for all foreigners. We had a great time. Another friend came with the 14yr old and we enjoyed out time very much. I am seeing the Father use this family in my life very much!!! I can't say everything yet but please be lifting up my relationship with them. They are very kind and very lost. The whole evening was amazing!!!

I want to encourage you to not let a day go by that you don't share the Good News of our Father!!! There are so many who need to hear and I am Pring for you to be Courageous!!!! I hope you understand the "realness" of this blog?! I am so blessed and I covet your PRs!!! Please remember your purpose and use the gifts that HE has given you!!! I love you all and miss you MORE THANK YOU KNOW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment