A day in China!

A day in China!

Monday, June 25, 2012

It's Been Too Long!!!

It has been a shamefully long time since I have written a blog:-( So I will try to play some catch up and post a few to get everyone caught up:-) This Blog is going to cover April! 

 The Photo above and below are from my sweet friend's birthdays!! We enjoyed a great meal at Papa Johns Pizza and then went to KTV(Chinese style Karaoke)! Above, Rebecca and Kirk are singing a chinese song and the others are watching the hilarious music video that goes with each song....they ar very interesting:-) Below are Mandi and Jolie, the birthday girls:-) I love these 2 very much!!! 

 April was full of fun with my students!! Here are a few pics from some of the fun times we had together...Above is "Swimmer", I bet you can't guess what is major in school is;-) He is in my class of sports majors! He speaks NO english....I mean for real...We communicate through body language and my google translator:-)
 We really  like to hang out at the school "Diversity Club". It is a small coffee shop. We would often go after our weekly English Corner. They also have open mic and we would take turns singing:-) This is one of my friends, Cynthia:-) 
 During the Easter season I was asked to share the real reason we celebrate Easter in the US and LOVED sharing openly about the Father to about 200 plus students and administration!!! But the funny thing was that I also had to join in with some of the other foreign teachers and dance a very famous(in China) song:-) It was quite fun:-)
 My basketball students heard I was dancing and came to watch:-) This is Dribble and GR:-) Tallest Chinese boys EVER!!!
 My sweet student Sunshine also sang a Coldplay song for the Easter celebration night at English Corner! This is He and Cynthia!
 I thought some of you might be interested in seeing where I buy my fruit and veggies...this is our open market. It is about a 15min. walk from my house:-) I get some pretty crazy looks when I shop here...as you can see:-)
 This is my amazing friend Karen!!! She is such a blessing to me and We just so happen to wear our coordinating dresses this day:-)
 Some of my awesome teammates from Huangshi were in Wuhan for the weekend and we had fun at the Crazy market and in the crazy bus:-)
 This is a normal crowded bus that we ride every day...
 We had a great time with some chinese friends at Wanda(the local mall) This is Andie and LiPing!
 More fun with friends...We are about to eat at my favorite chinese food restaurant!
 You never know who you might see hanging out at Wanda...this day the disney characters decided to take a stroll:-)
 One of my favorite families in Wuhan...the Lui sibs! DingDing, Aalyiah, and FangFang!! They all Work at Aloha Diner here in Wuhan:-) 
This was the Easter picnic at our foreign fellowship...Rebecca and I were relaxin' on our blanket and watching the random sports games:-) It was such a great day of fellowship. The Easter season was an amazing time at school...I talked for an entire class about the Real Reason we celebrate Easter in Western Countries:-) It was an amazing conversation starter!!!

1 comment:

  1. Found you here, I'll return often. Thinking of you and all your changes ahead. Praying for the things of your heart! love, Donna

    ReplyDelete