A day in China!

A day in China!

Friday, September 2, 2011








Greeting from Wuhan:-) It has been a very productive day around my place! I had the day off so I woke up and began my "day of" activities:-) I turned up my itunes and began the experiment of baking cookies!!! This was such a fun activity and oh so therapeutic! I had to be a little creative with the ingredients or the lack there of and use what I had. But after a little help from my neighbor down stairs, I began. Since my oven is so small I had to make a million batches:-) But it was worth every minute! I decided on Peanut Butter cookies sine I had most of the ingredients:-) Some of them got a Hershey Kiss on top:-) I also decided to take a chance and do my Laundry. This was something I really needed to do since I have not done any laundry since I left TX:-O
I have placed a picture of my awesome washing machine...all in Chinese of course:-) So by load 3 I knew what settings I liked best:-) I did a test load first with things that didn't matter..then I waited for later for the important stuff:-)

It was lots of fun...As you can see...I hang my clothes to dry on my handy dandy clothes drying pully rack. I have a nifty pully system for my clothes line. The family that lived here before me rigged it and it is awesome! Everyone is jealous! I get to crank it down to hang them and then crank it up to dry:-) But today was the day they decided to paint my building:-( So when I realized this I ran outside and took everything down. I had to shake the white dust off of everything because they scraped the old paint before they pained the new stuff:-( Oh My was it a challenge! But I got it all done and now my apartment smells of nothing but paint fumes:-( It is overwhelmingly bad. But maybe by morning they will subside. I thought it would smell like freshly backed cookies all day...and then they painted:-( LOL Oh Well! Welcome to China!

Then I decided to Iron and clean my apartment. This was an all day venture by the time I finished. But it was well worth it! I was so happy to master the cookies for today and they were eatable! i have been passing them out to friends:-) I went to dinner with some friends tonight and that was fun. Most of the time we can eat out for cheaper that we can make our own food...especially if we go as a group. Tonight there were 5 of us and my food was about $3. This was for a very nice meal. :-)

After dinner we visited the Aloha Diner and I visited with the owner and workers about begin to volunteer there next week! I am soooo excited! I will get to work in the kitchen with the Chinese cooks and help them cook as well and practice Chinese:-) Soooo excited! I believe this will be the beginning of a wonderful relationship there!

On our way home we saw these very small children having a RollerBlading lesson!!! it was so cute!!! They were really good. The instructor had a little obstacle course for them and they were racing:-) I had to get a picture:-)
Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Melodie,
    So happy for you. I bet you are the most popular person in your group of friends. Next time we get to see you, please prepare an authentic Chinese meal for us. I will begin to look for the ingredients. They don't eat gross things do they? Oh well, we know we will have good cookies anyway.
    G & D

    ReplyDelete