A day in China!

A day in China!

Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Day We Were Finally All Together!!!





I must say that I had been looking forward to this day for quite some time...This day was Saturday, September 3, 2011!!!! This is the day that Isabella, Kirk and I spent the day together:-) Most people know that one of the main reasons I am here in China is because of my AMAZING Chinese Daughter, Isabella!!! The Connection I had to teaching here was her AMAZING High School English Teacher, Kirk!!! Finally after many months of having a connection that could only happen because of our AMAZING FATHER, We were able to all be together. The day started very excitedly for me because I took a taxi, alone, for the first time to WuChang. This is the section of Wuhan that Isabella and Kirk live in. We decided to meet at her high school and have a little tour before we had our adventure. Kirk had sent me the Chinese Characters for the school's name and also the pronunciation(called Pin Yin) to tell the Taxi Driver. Well The first Taxi was not able to go over the correct bridge on that day so he couldn't take me(In Wuhan, only certain license plate numbers can go across certain bridges everyday...it was not his day:-(). Next Taxi could not understand what I needed and almost left, but a very sweet girl rode up on her bike and asked if I needed help:-). I was so grateful that the Father sent her at that time!!! She told him where I needed to go and then said, "I think he will get you there". So I thanked her and headed to where I hoped was the right place:-)

About 35min. later I arrived and we started our adventure. We took a bus to a very exciting place called Guang Gu. We decided to eat lunch first at a great place Kirk knew about. This was such a wonderful time to talk with Isabella about so much. We asked her lots of questions about her life and what she had been thinking about since she came back from America. Also We talked about what it is going to be like for her to go to College in California. I think we must have visited for about 3hrs in that restaurant:-)

Next we went to KTV(This is Chinese Karaoke)! This was a first for me and oh did we have fun!!! Kirk and Isabella sang some Chinese songs, we did a little rap, country, pop...from solos to duets. We stayed about 2hrs there. Then we decided to play Pool! Now the true colors came out...I am a horrible pool player and very competitive:-( Not a good combo! lol:-) But Isabella was great and of course Kirk was great...So I gave it my best shot;-) It was a blast! We walked around and visited, had some amazing coffee drink and sat outside and looked at the amazing lights.

By this time is was getting pretty late! We decided it was time to part ways...such a wonderful day! As I visited with my good friend Mandi, because we had a sleep over:-), I just gave glory to the Father for how he works so incredibly in our lives. I am amazed at how HE so carefully allowed so many things to happen in my life to bring me to this place, China!! This place I have longed for. Then to see how HE has answered so many PRs. PRs I had for Isabella before she even came to live with me. How HE so beautifully orchestrated Kirk to be her teacher and for his boldness to share about our Father. For Isabella's heart to be open on hear HIM through Kirk and then to remember those things when she came to me. I just stand amazed in the presence of HIM. Nothing is coincidence...I am brought to tears as I think of how each of us have such a call on our lives. Wherever we are, whatever we are doing...we must be obedient to HIM and surrender to HIM. It is not about us!!!! We make mistakes and HE is faithful to complete HIS goal despite us...His Grace is sufficient!

2 comments:

  1. Melodie,

    Yes indeed I agree. There are no coincidences! The Conductor knows what He is about, and every moment is orchestrated by the conductor or integrated into the plan. Even disappointments when they come, as you've found out this past year. You know the song Disappointment: His appointment, Change one letter, then I see, that the thwarting of my purpose is his better choice for me. No, no coincidences, no surprises or unforeseen circumstances for the Conductor - only total, complete, absolute, perfect, radical Love! Reading your notes is such an encouragement to me, as I know to many others everywhere.

    Continuing to PR and looking forward to what's next,
    LiH,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melodie,
    OK, it has too long since we have heard from you via this blog. We miss you. Are you still recovering from the Karioke event? We had a great B team meeting last Wednesday evening at WE. You were the center of attention as we talked with Dad. Hope you are doing well.
    G & D

    ReplyDelete