A day in China!

A day in China!

Monday, August 22, 2011

My New Home

Ni Hou from China!!! After a long 36 hour journey, I am in my apartment. This has been such a long time coming that I'm a little overwhelmed by it all. I have been PRing for this moment and longing for this time and now it is finally here. I don't know if I should shout for joy or cry. I'm sure I will do a little bit of both. I am surrounded by people that I don't understand and signs etc. that make no sense to me but I am filled with excitement. I want to learn as fast as possible so I can begin my relationships with people.

I will try to take some pictures of my apartment tomorrow. I am on the third floor and live across from a friend. I have met the girl that lives under me and she is also super sweet. She is from England. I was thrilled to be welcomed by Isabella and her family at the airport. She spent the afternoon and evening with me. Tomorrow she will take me shopping for things I need for my apartment:-) It should be a fun experience:-) I need to do a little cleaning and then shower and get some sleep but I just wanted to let everyone know I made it safe and I am thinking about you all!

2 comments:

  1. Melodie, I'm glad to hear that you are "home" and will continue to think about you often. Anxious to hear the day-to-day details of your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melodie
    You were a big part of our B team discussion Sunday evening. Several of us had checked your blogspot before the meeting. You parents gave us additional detail. Your card was sweet. We love you very much. Dad loves you most of all.
    George and Diane

    ReplyDelete