A day in China!

A day in China!

Friday, August 26, 2011

Getting Settled!











Dear Friends....I hope you enjoy these pics of my apartment:-) I tried making a video but it did not work....after about 2 days of trying to upload it...I gave up!

I am so excited about the things Dad is doing here!!! Please be thinking about my relationship with Isabella's best friend! We will call her "T". She is precious and I spent the whole day shopping with she and Isabella. I think she and I will be great friends. We are going to try to schedule a weekly time to practice English/Chinese. Her English is very good and my Chinese is very bad so I think I am getting the better deal but she is soooo sweet and really wants a foreign friend:-) Also So much opportunity to share....Her mother is a OBGYN...If you know my heart you know that this could open up many doors. Of course they will have to know the One that made them first:-) She has no idea about X but we were listening to some music in the car (X music from my house that Isabella brought back:-)) and she had no idea what it was or who HE is. Please be thinking about me and "T"'s family!!!! I am waiting for open doors.

Yesterday morning I went with 8 other colleagues to the DR:-( We had to be checked out before teaching begins....i was a little nervous but talked to Dad about it and everything was fine:-) When we arrived we had to hand over our passports and they gave us a form with about 6 different slots to be filled in by different DR stations. The building was 3 floors and different tests were done on each floor. Of course I can not read the characters yet so I was reading the translations...."Internal Medicine", "Surgery Center", "Blood testing", "ECG", "EGG", "Chest Xray".....My eyes were very big as I entered the "Internal Medicine" room!!!! Then I found out they wanted my lood pressure and heart rate....wel it was racing, that's for sure! lol Then again for the "Surgery Center"...all they did was take my height and weight....the worst one was the blood test but it wasn't bad:-) He was taking care of me and I could feel it!

After that stressful 3hr experience we had lunch at a wonderful, traditional Wuhan restaurant! The food was spicy and very good. I have had a bit of trouble with the food but this place was great! Then we came back to our Campus. We tried to get bank accounts but apparently Friday is not a good day to get accounts in China...at least that's what the guy at the front said when 9 foreigners walked in...hmmmm...
Next(my favorite part) we got our sim cards so we can get cell phones!!!! WoopWoop!! If you know me, you know I love my phone! lol Well this is just a bit different than my BlackBerry:-( HE has been showing me that I should only rely on Him!!! Not technology! It's a good thing but a very hard one for me. But my new phone is tiny and cute and I can text and make a few calls so I am excited!!! I was feeling a little disconnected from my friends and also needed to have a way to make relationships and contacts in the future!
Next Up....Walmart! Some new teachers arrived so We wanted to show them Walmart and get a few things. Today is the Grand Opening of a WalMart just about a half mil. from my school!!! I am so excited!!! The one we went to last night was 12 bus stops away....Imagine me with arms full of stuff from WalMart on a bus with about 100 people standing for 30min. Oh yes!!! This is the exciting part of China:-) Oh and you have to bring your own bag to the store for your stuff!!!

Love to all, Write more later!



4 comments:

  1. Oh the joys of being in Wuhan China! I can picture everything in my mind as you are telling it! I am so thankful that you have such a great Dad :) Love , Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your place! Thanks for showing us around. Too bad we can't sit face to face for a chat over coffee in our pj's. Although, we could almost do that over Skype, so let's plan that soon. I Think of you all the time, friend. Love you bunches and am soooo proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fantastic! Hopefully I can pull off making my apartment look as nice, though it's highly doubtful hahaha

    ReplyDelete