A day in China!

A day in China!

Monday, November 21, 2011

Long Time, No Blog:-(

Sorry for the LONG time of no blogging!!!! I have missed it very much but I must admit my busy life here is in full swing! I think I am addicted to busy...My friends, all over the world, would most likely agree:-) As strange as it sounds, it makes me so happy to be busy:-) Especially if I am busy with people!!! I LOVE PEOPLE!!!! So...Since it has been about a month and that would take a book to recap all that has gone on, I will just hit the highlights:-)
I Enjoyed a wonderful World Series this year!!! Baseball is a passion of mine and I have realized being here has made me so aware of how much I love sports. I guess it's because I can't just watch them any time I want! But my friend Ryan was so sweet to let me come and watch games at his place in Wuchang. It is on the other side of Wuhan but if I didn't have to teach the next day I would treck across and watch the games at all kinds of crazy hours:-) He has streeming from his parents TV in Michigan to his computer:-) We have also enjoyed some football:-) I haven't been able to go for as many of those games but if I am in Wuchang I try to watch sports of some kind....it is very comforting:-) Oh and by the way....Way to Go SHSU for being #1 in the Southland Conference for football!!!! ESPN online and I have become great friends:-)
I have had the opportunity to become really good friends with some chinese students and a Teacher. I have been to my teacher friend's home for lunch and had many good talks with her. She is a very caring woman and I love her. Please be lifting her up...She needs the Father! I have one friend who is very close to making a decision...She needs understanding! Also, recently I was asked my a friend/student to read the Book with her and help her understand. I was blown away...HE is so faithful to bring those opportunities! She is very clear about being atheist but she thinks the knowledge of the Book will help her understand Wester Countries:-) I know that she is searching!!!!! SO exciting!!! Tomorrow I will be having lunch with one of the Deans of the English Dpt and his friend. He wants me to tutor his friend in English. I know the Father is going to equip me but WOW...I feel a bit inadequate!!! It should be interesting:-)
This weekend my Thursday night small grp got together and went bowling:-) It was fun to do something very "American" for a change! On Saturday we had a wonderful Thanksgiving time with a family from our fellowship! They invited everyone over for Thanksgiving!!! They had Turkey and we all brought the fixins! I have had a rough week health wise(Bronchitis) and so I didn't stay the whole time but it was wonderful!! Then on Sunday, after fellowship a fellow teacher and I went around Wuhan with a family to spend time with their son. He is in middle school and wants foreign friends. It was a lovely time. Our Waiban also went with us!
Thanksgiving is this week...I must admit it feels quite strange to know that it will just be another day here but I am excited to get to volunteer at Aloha for their Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday and Friday. Saturday all of the ZR team will meet and have Thanksgiving at Aloha, together:-) This will be wonderful! This will be my second Thanksgiving in China:-) I was here in 2007 with the SHSU Orchestra tour!! Kind of excited to make this new tradition...little did I know then:-)
BIGGEST NEWS.....I FINALLY GOT MY BOXES!!!!!! LOL...for t hose who didn't know, my 3 boxes have been stuck in customs for 3 months...this week was the week for boxes! I received a box with AMAZING birthday treats from my parents and friends at home. I actually let the box sit for about 2hours in my apt before opening it. I knew it was going to be emotional. Yep...burst into tears. But it was good....It had all the pics from my going away party...I looked at them for about an hour...and cried! I realized how much I miss everyone. I am SOOOOO beyond happy to be here, living my dream, but I do miss everyone! Sometimes I can push it down but not this week! Then the very next day all 3 of my other boxes came....I held it together pretty well until I watched the video from my going away party. My friends said little things to me on the video and well....I lost it! It was wonderful...but emotional. I really love hearing from you all!!! Thank you for PRing for me...The Father is working in such a mighty way here and I wish I could tell you everything....remember to also PR for His protection for us. Ps...20...very encouraging to me this weekend. HE is making all things for His Good...even when they don't seem good at the moment. Rom. 8.... and Phil...1...6. I cling to those truths!!! I will write a few more blogs...one of just pics and the other....well...you will find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment