A day in China!

A day in China!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Merry Christmas Chinese Style!!!!

Christmas time is here..well, it was:-) It was defiantly The MOST Wonderful Time of the Year!!! There were so many opportunities to share the REAL reason for the Season! I enjoyed telling ALL of my classes exactly what the Holiday was about and even teaching them Joy to the World!!! They loved it! We learned about 3 songs and I almost forgot I was teaching English...I was dreaming I was teaching music again:-)

One of my friends had a Christmas Party at her house and we invited many of our Chinese friends. We played games with them and all of the foreigners told their Christmas traditions:-) It was such a great time of sharing and reading the REAL Christmas story! There were lots of questions after this party! I was pinning the nose on rudolph:-)
This was my friend Cynthia and then our friend from Starbucks! They both go to my school! Karen is on the right next to my friend LiPing! It was such a blast...oh and we served them Christmas desserts:-) and Hot Apple Cider:-) It was quite the American experience!
This was the Christmas party at "Mr. Mais" Coffee House in Wuchang. I went to volunteer for the party and met these two awesome girls! We have loved getting to know each other since then!


This was our group that helped at the party! We are quite the bunch...it was so much fun to go to a different part of Wuhan for the night and serve with others on my team! Loves these peeps!
After the Party at "Mr. Mais" we had a sleep over at Adam and Becca's house. It was like our family Christmas. We all slept in the living room beside the tree and watched a Christmas movie. Then "Christmas Morning"(it was actually Christmas Eve..but we pretended!) we all woke up and ate a wonderful breakfast together and opened gifts! it was so special...they all went in together and got me a plaque for my kitchen that is shaped like a chicken:-) It says "Chicken Kitchen"...lol Oh the fun we have together:-) Each person had a gift from the team...it was awesome!
I left early to head to Aloha and start helping with their Christmas dinner! But before I left I had to get a Christmas Picture with Sophia, Adam and Becca's oldest! She is such a sweet girl and I love having her in my life:-)
Diane and I were getting ready for the big dinner!
Nathan, Ing and I played for the Dinner:-) It was so much fun to play carols together! It felt like We were in America...almost...

Christmas morning we all went to fellowship and Anna, Inga and I had to have a picture with the coats we had made here! We all went to the Fabric market and designed coats for the winter! It was so much fun!!!! Of course, mine looks just a littl eon the blingy side...I love it:-)
After fellowship some of us went to Bruce and Donna's house for Christmas Dinner! We invited friends to come with us and it was such a great time!
Bruce and Donna are our small group leaders:-) They are such a blessing to me and Donna is an incredible cook!!! Her food was perfect! i don't know how she manages to make it tast so great:-) LiPing and I decided we would be the red family:-)
Christmas night I went with LiPing to her fellowship. I invited 2 of my closest friends...Yola and Linda. The service was incredible! I didn't understand much because it was all in Chinese But I understood...in my heart:-) It was such an overwhelming experience to be with so many Chinese people who were so genuine and committed! I wept...
Yola is on the far left...she made the biggest decision that night:-) It was amazing. We were all crying and so happy...Linda was moved by the music and asked many questions. I know the Father has her....it will just take more time. This was the best Christmas gift I could have ever been given...to know that I have another sister:-) It was truly "The MOST WONDERFUL time of the Year"!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment