A day in China!

A day in China!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

For starters, the weekend of New Years was such a great time of fellowship!!! It was my amazing friend, Rebecca's Birthday and so we celebrated just like always...with an incredible hat...very chinese:-) It says "Black rebel"...the Chinese people wear this hat all the time:-) Sooooo funny! But it was even more enjoyable to see her wear it the whole night:-) We had the opportunity to stay at a very large house here in Wuhan for the weekend. Some friends who are in Wuhan for work live in a great 3 level house and we all stayed together like a family:-) It was so much fun! We cooked together and probably could have had our own TV show. It was so funny to live with each other for a few days. Sometimes I forget how wonderful it is to have community! My friends and teammates and such a blessing and it's great to be able to have such encouragement!!

I got to hang out with some friends I met at "Mr. Mai's" Christmas Party on the Monday after new years day. They were such sweet girls and we want to get to know each other more! After I had met them the first time we found out that one of my students was Amy's cousin!!! Amy and Miki were my friends from the party and now We even had more of a connection! So Olivia, My student, and Miki and Amy invited me to "Snack Street" in Wuhan. This is an amazing place that is perfect at breakfast! Great food!!! So we had such a wonderful time together!
Then we went to The Wuhan Revolution Museum! It was quite an experience!!! Very interesting...most everything was in Chinese so i just enjoyed the pictures:-)
After hanging out with the girls I met my friends back in Hanyang(my part of town) at the local Arcade!! Chinese people LOVE to play at the arcade! We also have a skating rink inside the arcade! Some of our friends from Aloha met us there and we all played together! The guys were getting their dance moves on:-)

I love DDR:-) It was so much fun to play with FanFan...She and I are normally in the kitchen together when I work at Aloha! I love her:-)
Hanging out with them is such a blast!!! They are a blessing to me! My friend Karen also came and played with us!
This was quite a fun New Years!!! 2012 started with a wonderful time of fellowship and it has only gotten better! Next Blog will be the first of my Vacation Blogs!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment