A day in China!

A day in China!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Day I Have Waited For, For My Whole Life!!!

Today is July the 24th, 2012...I will remember this day for the rest of my life. I have PRed for and dreamed about this day. Can it actually be happening???? as most of you ALL know I have been on a Journey for many years...29 to be exact! I have known very few things about what HE wanted for my life but 2 things I have known for sure...HE called me to China and HE called me to be a Momma:-) There are many other longings in my heart and things I know HE has called me to but these 2 have never wavered! Although I didn't think either one would actually happen. He had a plan that came before that to prepare me for HIS Call. I have not always been patient...I have many times tried to make things happen and stepped out of HIS plan...all in HIS Grace, He never left me and was always faithful, even when I made a mess of things. Today, I can finally say that it was worth the wait:-)

I can to China 11 months ago and when I arrived I never dreamed that after 11 months my life would change so much!!! When I came to Gui Yang and moved all my stuff in With Marianne and Hans I only hoped that one day I would be able to have children of "My Own". When I first arrived and she told me that she didn't want any more babys...only older children, my heart sank. I thought, once again, I will give up the dream to have a baby. But As I gave up that dream I told the Father that HE has called me here and these children are where HE wants me to be so I will pour myself into them. LOL It has been quite a fun 2 weeks...I feel as though it has been 2 years:-) I wake up, and quickly start my day! I am using natural oils on the children to prevent sickness and the youngest child has been able to get off the antibiotics and everyone is currently healthy!!! PTL...but this process takes about 45 min to get everyone oiled and given their immune building vitamins!!! Then we go into the Book:-) and sing and tell stories about the Father. Then it's off to Math, then sports, then reading. Then we go to lunch..which is quite an ordeal!!! I wish you could all see it! Then they older children go to activity time with the Ayis(chinese helpers) and I play with the little ones. I have been teaching the baby how to swim...more like play in the water....he can't walk and needs to strengthen his little muscles! Then I hep with the baths or take a break:-) Then the children eat and then go up stairs to play before bed and we(adults) eat! After that I give everyone their night rounds of oils and tuck them in! So as you can see...and if you are parent, you know this is an EVERYDAY all day long thing!!! So, back to my story...I PRed the Father would give me joy in this and help me to have energy! I have been having a blast..i forgot to mention that I feel like all I do is discipline!!!! WOW...this is a constant thing! So yesterday we had to go to the foster care office and take one of our little girls who is getting ADOPTED!!! YAY..so happy!!!! We just took her for some paper work but while we were there the foster care director asked if Marianne would like another baby. He told us she was 1yr old and had been in the orphanage for a long time. She also has Downs. I knew the answer already before he finished.... but he showed is the picture and I tried not to think about it. Then out of no where she asked me if I wanted this baby???????? I said, "Are you kidding?"...She smiled and said no:-) I said of course I want her!!! Then it was done! She was getting a new baby!!!! I didn't want to pre suppose anything about the "Do you want her?" statement but I was thinking...like I get to take care of her???....Of course I take care of all the children but they just think of me differently that Marianne "Momma". SO then we left...as we walked out she said well there is is, Tomorrow you will ave your first baby....you have to think of a name. I was so overwhelmed I just started crying:-) My dream was coming true. i still didn't know the ends and outs of the situation but as the day went on and we talked i found out the the baby was going to be staying in MY ROOM!!!! SO excited!!!! Then last night I got a call from another foreigner here and he said he needed to talk to me....ummmm ok...I was nervous because I have been here 2 weeks...I only met him once...why does he need to talk to me? So at 8:30 last night I went to his house and he asked me if i had planned to foster children. I told him my heart and that I was here helping Marianne and Hans...He said well the foster care office called me and told me they wanted YOU to foster this child and for it to be in your name....I think my mouth dropped open. LIKE FOR REAL? He is the director of the foreigners in the foster care so he had to interview me and that's why he needed to talk to me ASAP. So after that I want back to the car and told Marianne and Hans what was up....lol we were all thinking the worst and they were on pins and needles to know!!!! HAHA...I told them and they were so supportive:-) WOW...I couldn't believe it....A baby!!!! I have getting a baby...I'm gonna be a Momma!!!! Well, it was tears after that:-) I hardly slept!!! Today I had to go for my foreigner medical exam first thing and then we were headed to the office to my baby:-) My baby girl...I thought...I was going to call her Hannah...i felt like HE told me I was going to have a boy first but I would never turn away a girl!!!! So we got there and she was laying on the couch all alone...ad they told me to pick him up....HIM??? LOL they said oh yeah...we thought it was sa girl but it's a boy!!!! I cried again!!! i picked him up and was in love at first sight! The Father has given him to me to love and take care of until HE has someone else to love him more:-) I could not be more blessed right now!!! 

 This was our first picture:-) HE was just staring at me:-)
 On the way home he fell asleep in my arms...China doesn't use car seats for babys...you just hold them....don't think about it...or you will worry way to much!
 This is Sammy(Samuel)...I have waited a long time to love on him and He is quite the gift from above!!!
 He has his first bath...well my first bath for him:-) He didn't really like it at first but then he warmed up to it:-) He is soooooo cute!!!!
 He likes to chill on Momma's bed:-) and also loves to suck on his hands!
 The bottle is not quite his favorite but we will keep trying!

 As I write this he is sleeping on my bed and I am in Aw of the faithfulness of the Father...Please be PRing for little Sammy and me and we start our Journey together:-) HE is sick and we started on the meds and would like for them to take care of it so we don't have to go to the hospital!!!! He is amazing:-) I'm parcial but I think It's allowed:-) YAY for answered PRS!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Melodie!!!! I'm soooooo excited for you!!!! Congrats!!!!! We will be PRing for sammys healing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adding Samuel to our prayer list right alongside his MOMMY!!! Love you!
    the Carikers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!I am so happy to hear that your dream comes true!Melodie,you are such a kind-hearted and devoted mother,I love you from the bottom of my heart.May Sammy , the other kids and the couple lead healthy and happy lives together with you in Guiyang!Looking forward to your updates later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not think I have ever been so overwhelmed with joy to read something in my ENTIRE life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm starting to cry! This is so amazing. What an answer to prs for so long. And just remembering when we visiting in Shanghai with Lizzy and you told us about your desires and now Dad has answered. I'm with you in spirit and rejoicing with you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. God has given you such a big heart that He knew you were the right one for that marvelous job of being a Mom. So touched and happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melodie,
    How wonderful, and what a testimony to His faithfulness and to your faith & obedience. He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him! I rejoice with you and will continue to PR for you and YOUR SON!!!!! Woo-hoo!
    Debbie W

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never considered that I will have a brother so soon !!!! U are a real mother from now on. And thank you for adopting him, my only brother. :) He is so lucky to be ur son. And I'm sure u two will enjoy a wonderful life forever and ever. Tell him, his oldest sister will go to see him next year. Lol.

    ReplyDelete